EARTHQUAKE OF 1931
- New Zealand village of Napier was totally
destroyed by a savage earthquake in 1931.
- The following rare images give an insight
into the devastation that was caused by this horrific earthquake.
- Masonic Hotel-Napier - after the
- earthquake and the subsequent fire.
Napier Hotel after the earthquake and
before the fire.
Street scene, Napier.
- Aerial view of Napier showing the almost total
- destruction resulting from the earthquake.
New Zealand Postcards Page
- Jane's New Zealand Home Page
- Jane's Oceania Home Page
- Jane Resture