- The ethnology of Oceania is both complex and
fascinating and it has been the subject of extensive research ever since the
first European settlers came to Oceania over
- 200 years ago.
information on this Web site has been drawn from an extensive Oceanic ethnological
study undertaken by the Auckland Museum in 1949. The text and images are
reflective of this era and allow us a unique perspective of life in Oceania at
- These weapons and utensils are from Oceania - mainly
Melanesia and Micronesia.
- The swords, masks, and other items are all finished in
great detail and it is this detail
- that provides us with the information that we need to make
- an informed decision on the probable origin of each item.
- Jane's Oceania Home Page
- Pacific Islands Radio